Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dinning Out

We went out to dinner last night with Gianni, Consiglia their son Gennaro and his son Gianni Jr. What a nice evening! This is the restaurant we went to, and I was kicking myself all night for not bringing my camera! It was in the Port area of Portici right on the water the view was great! We even had fireworks across the bay!

This isn't mine, obviously... but you get the "picture"!
And of course the vino was great...but then again, they all are!! As you can see, I'm perfecting my label peeling skills...

So after dinner, we went to this gelateria (ice cream shop) in Portici. They have the best gelato we have ever had!! Although I don't think either of us have ever met a cone, bowl or tub of ice cream we didn't like, but the Italians know what they are doing!! This is the difference...while ice cream legally has a minimum of 10 percent fat, gelato is made with a greater proportion of whole milk to cream, so it contains more like five to seven percent fat. Sounds good to me, and besides...who cares, it's awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment