Friday, November 1, 2013

Leaf Peeping

Our friends Jan and Jerry picked us up this morning and took us leaf peeping.  What a day, the weather was perfect and the views were even better!  Our first stop was Hall Top lookout tower on Stone Mountain.


We are standing at the base of this...   the old lookout tower.


This is the date in the cement base, 6/20/34... Did I mention old... Eeeeek!


So off we went to the top, yes, we climbed to the top...


Have I mention that I'm afraid of heights?


I mean shaking, death grip, breathing funny, afraid of heights...


But I'm so glad I did!


The views were amazing!




Ok, on to the next stop...  The roads up to these two spots were so washed out they were almost impassable.
 

This is Rocky Top, not the famous Rocky Top, Tennessee, but our very own right here in our own backyard.




Amazing!







Have I mentioned this is my favorite time of year???  Look at that color!


No comments:

Post a Comment